Table of Contents
- System Requirements
- Assign Service Logon As Credentials
- Server Configuration
- Agent-Based Monitoring
- Data Providers
- Directory Services
- Audit Work Items
- Template Properties
- Batch Update Templates
- Log Management Templates
- File and Directory Monitor Templates
- Windows Monitor Templates
- Account Lockout Monitor Template
- Logon Monitor Template
- CPU Monitor Template
- Memory Monitor Template
- Disk Space Monitor Template
- SMART Monitor Template
- Process Monitor Template
- Service Monitor Template
- Performance Counter Monitor Template
- PowerShell Script Template
- Registry Value Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Integrity Monitor Template
- Task Scheduler Template
- Clock Synchronization Template
- Defragment NTFS Disks Template
- Network and Application Monitor Templates
- Database Monitor Template
- Directory Service Monitor Template
- DNS Blacklist Monitor Template
- DNS Monitor Template
- Domain Expiration Monitor Template
- Network Speed Monitor Template
- Ping Monitor Template
- Database Table Reseed
- SQL Server Shrink and Backup Template
- SSH Shell
- TCP Port Scan Monitor Template
- Website Monitor Template
- SSL Certificate Monitor Templates
- Email Monitor Templates
- SNMP Monitor Templates
- Report Properties
- Security Reports
- Generic Log Reports
- File and Permission Reports
- Summary Reports
- Environment Variables
- Account Lockout Monitoring and Reporting
- SSH Shell
- Exporting and Importing Configuration Objects
- Shared Views
- Auto-Config Host Assignment Properties
- General Executable Properties
- Assign Actions
- Assign Directories
- Assign Disks
- Assign Shares
- Assign Files
- Assign Consolidated Logs
- Assign Event Logs
- Assign Azure Audit Logs
- Target Files and Sub-Directories
- Define Log Entry Columns
- Define Log Entry Columns with Regular Expressions
- Define CSV and W3C Log Entry Columns
- Active Directory User and Group Filters
- Explicitly Assigned Logs
- File Explorer
- Report Columns
- Report Date/Time Ranges
- Report Security Event Log Filters
- Select Folder or File
- Executable Timeline
- Command Line Interface
Directory Size Monitor Template
The Directory Size Monitor Template enables you to trigger warning and critical actions when:
- A directory exceeds or falls below a threshold size or percent of disk size.
- A directory sized changes between scans by a threshold size.
- The number of files exceeds of falls below a threshold count.
The Directory Size Monitor Template uses Windows Shares, SFTP or FTP/S depending on the host type to scan directories on Windows, Unix, Linux and other operating systems.
How to configure the Directory Size Monitor Template:
- From the Menu Bar, select File | New. The Create New Object View displays.
- From the Create New Object View, expand Templates | File and Directory Monitors then select Directory Size Monitor. The New Template Properties View displays.
- The Template Properties view contains 6 tabs.
The Options Tab
Use the Directories drop-down to select the directory to configure.
Use the Files and Sub-Directories tab to specify the files and sub-directories to target and exclude.
- Use the Directory size is option to set the size threshold. Use the Percent option to compare the directory size against the disk size. The Percent option is only available for Windows machines.
- Use the Directory size changes by option to get notified when a directory size changes by a specific size or percent of disk size since the last scan.
- Use the File count is option to set the file count threshold.
Directory Size Monitor Trigger Properties