Certain portions of our web site collect anonymous non-personal visitor data that may include, but is not limited to, the pages you visit on our web site, visit duration, browser type, country of origin, etc. Third parties participating in collection may include:
A user account on our web site contains certain private and public personal information that is reasonable and expected in maintaining a product supplier to customer relationship. The user account is only created when you perform specific form-submitting actions on our web site, such as downloading a free product evaluation, purchasing licenses, etc. We do NOT collect any personal data considered to be of a sensitive nature such as religious or political affiliation.
The user account contains private information, which includes your full name and e-mail address. This data is required since your e-mail address is used as the login mechanism for your account and the name is how you are identified to us.
After ordering a Corner Bowl Software product or service, you may be associated with an organization account. The organization account represents a company, organization, or individual who has purchased product licenses or services. Organization accounts track the organization's name, postal address, phone number, web site, and Corner Bowl Software purchase history. They also track one or more user account contacts who have access to the organization account.
Certain portions of our web site may track your IP address, which helps us prevent against fraudulent orders.
Other private data that is only accessible to Corner Bowl Software and never shared:
- Downloads - Any product downloads that you've made, allowing us to follow-up after an evaluation period.
- Mailing list subscriptions - Any mailing lists for which you've requested and/or confirmed a subscription.
- Shopping cart - Any products/services you've added to your shopping cart on our web site.
Your user account's profile is not visible to other web site visitors.
We rely on a number of lawful bases to use your personal data:
- Legitimate Interests - Used for most processing of personal data since it is required for us to manage and promote our business and may include, but is not limited to: maintaining a business relationship with our customers and potential customers, gaining insights into how our products are being used, exploring how to grow our business, providing customer support, improving product and web site reliability, and guarding against fraud.
- Contract - Used when a customer has ordered products or services, and requires access to product downloads/licenses and appropriate customer support.
- Legal - Used when processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.
- Consent - Used for newsletter communication where an opt-in is required. Consent can always be revoked.
Sharing with Third Parties
Any private personal information submitted to us such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, etc. will NOT be released, sold, or rented to any third-party individual or company for their promotional purposes and is kept strictly internal to Corner Bowl Software.
Corner Bowl Software may share the minimum information necessary for other companies working on Corner Bowl Software's behalf to perform tasks requested by us that may include, but is not limited to:
- Credit card orders - When you place a credit card order on our web site, our merchant service requires some personal information such as name, address, etc. to process the credit card order transaction. We do NOT retain any credit card billing information.
- E-mails - When we send you an e-mail, we must provide your name and e-mail address as a recipient.
Corner Bowl Software may occasionally send you newsletter e-mail communication. To unsubscribe, e-mail us with your request.
For those with a Corner Bowl Software user account, some e-mail communication is not subject to unsubscribe requests. This may include, but is not limited to communication related to product downloads, download follow-ups, sales transactions, licenses, subscription expiration notifications, and support responses/notifications.
Retention and Disposal
When requested, Corner Bowl Software will dispose your personal data in a manner designed to ensure that your identify cannot be reconstructed or read. This process may involve data anonymization, deletion, or other appropriate steps. Please note that in some cases, a complete removal of your data may not be possible. For instance, purchase-related data must be kept for legal and financial audit purposes, and discussion forum post content will be retained but displayed with an anonymized name as the author. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
If you wish to dispose your personal data and exercise your right to be forgotten, please e-mail us and state your need and contact information.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
The Corner Bowl Software web site uses an encryption protocol named SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to handle all data transferred over the Internet. This method is an industry standard for protecting the privacy and integrity of transferred personal information. SSL is enforced on all our web pages, thereby protecting any and all personal information that is transmitted.
Data Processing and Storage
Corner Bowl Software is based in the United States. The Corner Bowl Software web site and all of its data is securely stored on servers within the United States of America. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your personal data in and to the United States, which may have privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence.
- Cookies are used for tracking user account access, some of which are removed when your browsing session ends and others when you log out of a user account.
If you have any concerns about Corner Bowl Software's treatment of your privacy, please e-mail us.
Last Updated: November 23rd, 2023