Corner Bowl Server Manager
Log Management, Security, Compliance, Server Monitoring and Network Monitoring Software Tool for IT ProfessionalsStart your Free Server Manager Trial with Support Now
What is Server Manager?
- a SIEM
- a Log Management Tool
- a Network, Server and Application Monitoring Tool
- a Syslog Server
- an Azure Active Directory Audit Log Manager
- a Disk Monitor
- a Website, Email Server and Database Monitor
- an SSL Certificate Expiration Monitor
- a Process and Resource Monitor
- Compliance Software for CJIS, PCI/DSS, HIPAA, SOX and GDPR
- and much more...
What does Server Manager do?
- Monitors and centralizes Windows Event Logs, Syslogs, Application Logs, Azure Active Directory Audit Logs and Unix Log Files
- Monitors network, server and application uptime
- Listens for syslog messages
- Tails text and application log files
- Centralizes log files to SQL Server, MySQl or the local file system
- Sends email and text notifications
- Remote executes Powershell scripts
- Schedules compliance reports
- Deletes expired data
Server Management Video Overview
What does Server Manager Include?
Corner Bowl Server Manager is the bundled version of all 5 Corner Bowl products listed below. If you only need a sub-set of functionality, purchase any stand-alone license then later if you need to add on you can upgrade functionality as well as increase the number of nodes you want to manage.
Event Log Manager
- Monitor and centralize Windows Event Logs and Azure Audit Logs.
- Generate SIEM reports.
- Monitor and save Syslog messages from all your network devices and Unix servers.
Text Log Monitor
- Monitor and centralize text and application log files such as IIS logs.
Available Notifications, Alerts and Actions
|Send custom email alerts and notifications with optional log file attachment support.|
|Send Microsoft Teams Messages|
|Send alerts and notifications to Microsoft Teams Channels via Incoming Webhook Connector.|
|Send SMS Messages|
|Send text messages through various popular SMS providers such as Twilio.|
|Launch a Script|
|Remote launch your own custom Powershell scripts, batch files and executables.|
|Manage Windows Services|
|Remote stop, start and restart Windows Services.|
|Fire SNMP Traps|
|Need to integrate into your enterprise systems? Fire Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps when critical events are detected.|
|Write to File|
|Write, append and backup schedule reports to HTML, CSV, TXT and PDF file formats.|
|Write Event Log Entries|
|Write custom alert and notification messages to any Windows Event Log on any machine.|
|Send Syslog Messages|
|Send custom Syslog alerts and notifications. You can even relay Syslog messages to another server.|
|Display Desktop Notifications|
|Client/Server architecture enables you to receive real-time notifications on your personal desktop or laptop.|
Constant Delivery Pipelines
Automatically apply monitoring, notifications and reporting to new servers and workstations.
Runs scheduled scans on Active Directory or any Directory Service provider then applies configuration templates to discovered machines.
Automatically update and re-apply configurations ensuring new and existing rules are rolled to target groups of machines.
Runs scheduled scans then applies new and updated configuration templates to existing machines.
Automatically remove hosts from the software when servers or workstations are decommissioned.
Runs scheduled scans then removes machines either not found or not passing custom filter criteria.
- An Introduction to Corner Bowl Server Manager
- Real-Time Account Lockout Monitoring with Corner Bowl Server Manager
- How to Generate Account Management Audit Trails for SEC Compliance
- How to Monitor SNMP Traps and Create SNMP Get Monitors
- How to Automatically Configure Servers Listed in Active Directory
- How to Configure Microsoft SQL Server - Part 1
- How to Consolidate Windows Event Logs - Part 2
- How to Consolidate Syslog Messages
- How to Forward or Relay Syslog Messages
- How to Consolidate and Monitor IIS Log Files
- How to Create a Directory Permissions Report
- How to Monitor Free Disk Space
- How to Create a Real-Time Directory Size Monitor
- How to Monitor Website SSL Certificate Expiration
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Windows 10, 8, 7 SP1
Supported Architecture - 64-Bit and 32-Bit
Server Manager can be installed on both 64-bit and 32-Bit Windows.
8 GBs of available memory, 32 GBs suggested for faster performance when centralizing large logs such as domain controller Security Event Logs.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
The installation detects if the .Net Framework 4.8 is already installed. If not, the framework is automatically downloaded from Microsoft and then installed. Please note the framework may take a significant amount of time to install. Please be patient while the installation completes.
Domain Administrator Account
To access and manage remote resources Log Manager requires domain administrator credentials. If off-domain, then local administrator credentials. The first time the application is run, the onboarding wizard will prompt you to assign then necessary credentials to the service.
Windows Management Instrumentation (client and server)
Many functions within Log Manager utilize Microsoft's Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) API (e.g. Event Log management, CPU and memory monitoring). This software includes options to optimize WMI packet size and performance.
Corner Bowl Server Manager is the bundled version of all 5 Corner Bowl Software products:
- Disk Monitor
- Event Log Manager
- Internet Server Monitor
- Text Log Monitor
- Syslog Server
If you only need a sub-set of functionality, purchase any stand-alone license then later if you need to add on you can upgrade functionality as well as increase the number of nodes you want to manage.
Server Manager is sold in node packs. Each unique IP address or hostname that is monitored, scanned or managed by the software is a node.
Server Manager can be installed on a single host or up to as many hosts as nodes purchased.
For example, a 100 node license would enable an IT professional to install the software on 3 servers with one installation monitoring 50 servers and the other two installations monitoring 25 workstations each for a total of 100 nodes.
After you purchase a license, you have the option through this website or your reseller to upgrade your existing license with more nodes.
Once you have purchased a license, a license key will be emailed to you. If you purchase through a reseller, a claim link will be emailed to you enabling you to retrieve your key from this website. Once you have your key you will register online through the software's management console. If you are installing this software on an Air-Gapped network, you will generate license key files through this website where you will also find detailed instructions on how to apply your Air-Gapped key files.
Last Updated: February 22nd, 2021