SNMP Trap and Variable Monitoring Software Tool for IT ProfessionalsStart your Free Trial with Support Now
What Does Corner Bowl Include?
- A SNMP Trap receiver or SNMP Trap server enabling network administrators to monitor SNMP Traps from any device, host or operating system.
- A SNMP Get Monitor Template enabling network administrators to poll SNMP Variables, apply complex filter criteria and fire alerts.
- A SNMP Trap Action enabling network administrators to fire SNMP Traps on behalf of each managed device through Corner Bowl.
- A SNMP Browser enabling you to walk any devices SNMP Variable tree without the requirement of loading MIB files.
How Does Corner Bowl Do It?
- Corner Bowl extends open source SNMP libraries to receive SNMP Traps and poll SNMP Variables.
- Corner Bowl automatically manages any device sending SNMP Traps to the localhost.
- Corner Bowl includes a consolidation database enabling network administrators to save SNMP Traps as long as compliance audits require.
- SNMP Actions are fired though our own Microsoft SNMP Agent DLL enabling network administrators to utilize the built-in SNMP Service provided on all Microsoft's operating systems.
SNMP Trap Receiver and SNMP Get Monitor Video Overview
SNMP Manager / Network Management Station (NMS)
Corner Bowl is a SNMP Manager also known as a Network Management Station (NMS) responsible for monitoring managed devices such as switches, routers, printers and Linux machines.
- Receive and act on SNMP Traps.
- Save SNMP Trap history to the data repository for the duration required by compliance audit requirements.
- Browse and monitor SNMP variables using complex filter criteria to match any requirements.
Managed Device / SNMP Agent
Corner Bowl is an SNMP Agent that simplifies management by aggregating all of your Managed Devices without the need to install SNMP Agents on each Managed Device. Corner Bowl includes a pre-installed SNMP Trap enabling network administrators to forward triggered monitor detail to either the local SNMP Manager (Corner Bowl) or to external enterprise SNMP Managers such as:
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
- Paessler PRTG Network Monitor
- Site24x7 Network Monitoring
- Progress WhatsUp Gold
- ManageEngine OpManager
- Corner Bowl includes an SNMP Browser enabling you to walk any devices SNMP Variable tree.
- Right click on any SNMP Variable and create monitors using complex graphical filter criteria as well as C Sharp script criteria.
- Corner Bowl gets network administrators up and running quickly by removing the requirement of tracking down and loading MIB files into the SNMP Browser.
SNMP Trap Receiver Configuration
- Run the SNMP Trap receiver server on any port and bind to any local IP address.
- Supports DNS lookup to convert device and Linux server IP addresses to hostnames for each identification.
- Map OID values to friendly names.
- Assign multiple SNMP communities for accessing secured SNMP Variables.
Available Notifications, Alerts and Actions
|Send custom email alerts and notifications with optional log file attachment support.|
|Send Microsoft Teams Messages|
|Send alerts and notifications to Microsoft Teams Channels via Incoming Webhook Connector.|
|Send SMS Messages|
|Send text messages through various popular SMS providers such as Twilio.|
|Launch a Script|
|Remote launch your own custom Powershell scripts, batch files and executables.|
|Manage Windows Services|
|Remote stop, start and restart Windows Services.|
|Fire SNMP Traps|
|Need to integrate into your enterprise systems? Fire Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps when critical events are detected.|
|Write to File|
|Write, append and backup schedule reports to HTML, CSV, TXT and PDF file formats.|
|Write Event Log Entries|
|Write custom alert and notification messages to any Windows Event Log on any machine.|
|Send Syslog Messages|
|Send custom Syslog alerts and notifications. You can even relay Syslog messages to another server.|
|Display Desktop Notifications|
|Client/Server architecture enables you to receive real-time notifications on your personal desktop or laptop.|
Constant Delivery Pipelines
Automatically apply monitoring, notifications and reporting to new servers and workstations.
Runs scheduled scans on Active Directory or any Directory Service provider then applies configuration templates to discovered machines.
Automatically update and re-apply configurations ensuring new and existing rules are rolled to target groups of machines.
Runs scheduled scans then applies new and updated configuration templates to existing machines.
Automatically remove hosts from the software when servers or workstations are decommissioned.
Runs scheduled scans then removes machines either not found or not passing custom filter criteria.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Windows 10, 8, 7 SP1
Supported Architecture - 64-Bit and 32-Bit
Internet Server Monitor can be installed on both 64-bit and 32-Bit Windows.
8 GBs of available memory, 16 GBs suggested when monitoring 100s of endpoints.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
The installation detects if the .Net Framework 4.8 is already installed. If not, the framework is automatically downloaded from Microsoft and then installed. Please note the framework may take a significant amount of time to install. Please be patient while the installation completes.
Domain Administrator Account
To access and manage remote resources Log Manager requires domain administrator credentials. If off-domain, then local administrator credentials. The first time the application is run, the onboarding wizard will prompt you to assign then necessary credentials to the service.
Windows Management Instrumentation (client and server)
Many functions within Corner Bowl Software utilize Microsoft's Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) API (e.g. Event Log management, CPU and memory monitoring). This software includes options to optimize WMI packet size and performance.
Internet Server Monitor (ISM) is a sub-component of both our software packages, Corner Bowl Server Manager and Corner Bowl Event Log Manager. To access ISM functionality either install Corner Bowl Server Manager or Corner Bowl Event Log Manager then apply either a purchased Server Manager or ISM license.
Corner Bowl Software is sold in node packs. Each unique IP address or hostname that is monitored, scanned or managed by the software is a node.
Corner Bowl Software can be installed on a single host or up to as many hosts as nodes purchased.
For example, a 100 node license would enable an IT professional to install the software on 3 servers with one installation monitoring 50 servers and the other two installations monitoring 25 workstations each for a total of 100 nodes.
After you purchase a license, you have the option through this website or your reseller to upgrade your existing license with more nodes.
Once you have purchased a license, a license key will be emailed to you. If you purchase through a reseller, a claim link will be emailed to you enabling you to retrieve your key from this website. Once you have your key you will register online through the software's management console. If you are installing this software on an Air-Gapped network, you will generate license key files through this website where you will also find detailed instructions on how to apply your Air-Gapped key files.
Last Updated: June 1st, 2021