Corner Bowl Windows Syslog Server
Windows Syslog Server, Log Management, Consolidation, Monitoring and Compliance Software Tool for IT ProfessionalsStart your Free Windows Syslog Server Trial with Support Now
What is Windows Syslog Server?
- an enterprise class Centralized Syslog Management Software Tool
- a Centralized Log Consolidator
- a Real-Time Syslog Monitor Software Tool
- a Log Analyzer Tool
- a TCP and UDP Syslog Server
- Compliance Reporting Software
- a powerful Syslog Viewer with built-in paging, advanced search and filter capabilities
What does Windows Syslog Server do?
- Gets you compliant by centralizing and monitoring syslogs from all your mission critical hardware.
- Centrally consolidates log file entries to MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, elasticsearch, CosmosDB or to flat file
- Real-Time monitors syslog messages for critical events
- Schedules compliance and auditing reports
- Sends SMS and email alerts and notifications
- Remote executes custom Powershell scripts
- Automatically deletes expired centralized consolidated log entries and native log file backups
- Provides a paged view of log entries enabling IT professionals to quickly search, filter and analyze GB sized log files
How does Corner Bowl Windows Syslog Server do it?
Windows Syslog Server starts TCP and UDP Syslog Servers to receive messages, monitor and centralize syslogs from devices such as switches, routers and firewalls. Once harvested, log entries are saved to either a local or offsite log repository. Windows Syslog Server provides you with 5 different methods to centralize your log entries including MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, elasiticsearch and CosmosDB. Don't worry, out-of-the-box Windows Syslog Server saves data to its own flat file system format getting you up and running without any required 3rd party integration.
- Bind to any port and Network Interface Card.
- Includes a built-in DNS cache enabling syslog messages originating from any platform to be centrally saved using their fully qualified hostnames.
- Optionally define syslog message delimiters such as CRLF, CR, LF or Null.
- Automatically cleans up idle syslog client connections.
Windows Syslog Server Video Overview
What else does Corner Bowl Windows Syslog Server include?
Syslogs typically generate massive amounts of data which can easily fill a server's disk ultimately bringing down the server. Managing consolidated Syslogs is simplified with our automatic Syslog entry retention policy. Out of the box Windows Syslog Server automatically removes and optionally archive messages to an archive database freeing up disk space.
Windows Syslog Server support frequency rules that enable you to get notified when a specific message occurs multiple times within a period of time or does not occur within a period of time. For example:
- Get notified when an error occurs 3 times within 5 minutes.
- Get notified when an expected daily message has not been received.
Windows Syslog Server has Unlimited Log Entry Filtering Options
Available Notifications, Alerts and Actions
Send custom email alerts and notifications with optional log file attachment support.
Send SMS Messages
Send text messages through various popular SMS providers such as Twilio.
Remote launch your own custom Powershell scripts, batch files and executables.
Manage Windows Services
Remote stop, start and restart Windows Services.
Display Desktop Notifications
Client/Server architecture enables you to receive real-time notifications on your personal desktop or laptop.
Write to File
Write, append and backup schedule reports to HTML, CSV, TXT and PDF file formats.
Write Event Log Entries
Write custom alert and notification messages to any Windows Event Log on any machine.
Send Syslog Messages
Send custom Syslog alerts and notifications. You can even relay Syslog messages to another server.
Need to integrate into your enterprise systems? Fire Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps when critical events are detected.
Constant Delivery Pipelines
Automatically apply monitoring, notifications and reporting to new servers and workstations.
Runs scheduled scans on Active Directory or any Directory Service provider then applies configuration templates to discovered machines.
Automatically update and re-apply configurations ensuring new and existing rules are rolled to target groups of machines.
Runs scheduled scans then applies new and updated configuration templates to existing machines.
Automatically remove hosts from the software when servers or workstations are decommissioned.
Runs scheduled scans then removes machines either not found or not passing custom filter criteria.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Windows 10, 8, 7 SP1
Supported Architecture - 64-Bit and 32-Bit
Windows Syslog Server can be installed on both 64-bit and 32-Bit Windows.
8 GBs of available memory, 16 GBs suggested for faster throughput and large summary reports.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
The installation detects if the .Net Framework 4.8 is already installed. If not, the framework is automatically downloaded from Microsoft and then installed. Please note the framework may take a significant amount of time to install. Please be patient while the installation completes.
Domain Administrator Account
To access and manage remote resources Log Manager requires domain administrator credentials. If off-domain, then local administrator credentials. The first time the application is run, the onboarding wizard will prompt you to assign then necessary credentials to the service.
Windows Management Instrumentation (client and server)
Many functions within Windows Syslog Server utilize Microsoft's Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) API (e.g. Event Log management, CPU and memory monitoring). This software includes options to optimize WMI packet size and performance.
Windows Syslog Server is sold in node packs. Each unique IP address or hostname that is monitored, scanned or managed by the software is a node.
Windows Syslog Server can be installed on a single host or up to as many hosts as nodes purchased.
For example, a 100 node license would enable an IT professional to install the software on 3 servers with one installation monitoring 50 servers and the other two installations monitoring 25 workstations each for a total of 100 nodes.
After you purchase a license, you have the option through this website or your reseller to upgrade your existing license with more nodes.
Once you have purchased a license, a license key will be emailed to you. If you purchase through a reseller, a claim link will be emailed to you enabling you to retrieve your key from this website. Once you have your key you will register online through the software's management console. If you are installing this software on an Air-Gapped network, you will generate license key files through this website where you will also find detailed instructions on how to apply your Air-Gapped key files.