What is Disk Monitor?
- a network-wide free disk space monitor
- a SMART disk monitor
- a real-time directory size monitor
- a real-time file modification monitor
- a real-time folder change monitor
- a file count monitor
- a folder cleaner
- a folder access permissions monitor
- Compliance Software for PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX and GDPR
What does Disk Monitor do?
- Centrally monitors disk space across your entire network
- Monitors SMART status on all your servers
- Scans folders and sub-directories to calculate consumed disk space
- Listens for file changes including file create, rename, move and delete
- Monitors the number of files in a folder
- Deletes old files such as old database backups and IIS logs
- Generates folder access permissions reports
- Sends email and text notifications
- Remote executes Powershell scripts
- Schedules compliance reports
- Deletes expired data
How does Disk Monitor do it?
Disk Monitor installs on a single Windows Server as a Windows Service. The service scans Windows directories using Windows Shares. Folder size is calculated on Unix and Linux based operating systems remotely through SSH and SFTP. SMART and File Access Permissions Reports are generated on Windows servers remotely using WMI. Results can be displayed in the Remote Management Console, saved to file or emailed to your team.
What does Corner Bowl include?
File System Reports
Disk Monitoring Video Overview
Free Disk Space Monitor
- Monitors free disk space, change in free space over time and online status.
- Includes historical free disk space and directory size charts.
- Consolidates disk space information from multiple servers into a single view.
SMART Disk Monitor
- Centrally monitors SMART predictive disk failure notifications on your Windows Servers.
- View all SMART detail in the management console.
Directory Size Monitor
- Monitors directory size and change in directory size over time.
- Alerts include a list of the top largest files that caused the monitor to trigger.
File and Folder Change Monitor
Get notified or log every time a file or sub-directory is created, modified, deleted or renamed with our Directory Watcher. Further configure the Directory Watcher to limit results to a specific set of files using inclusion and exclusion masks. For example, log all changes to files with a .txt extension but exclude files named *_output.txt. Results can be emailed or simply logged to a CSV file fulfilling compliance requirements.
File Count Monitor
The file count monitor notifies you when a directory contains more that the expected number of files. For example, get notified when a directory contains more than 1000 files. Once a monitor threshold such as 1000 files is crossed, the directory monitor will fire actions such as remotely executing a script or sending an email.
File System Reports
Disk Space and Directory Size Summary Reports
- Schedule summary reports for all your servers that graphically summarize free disk space, disk space utilization over time, and include SMART predictive failure status.
- Schedule summary reports for monitored directories that graphically summarize directory size, file count, sub-directory count, and optionally include sub-directory detail.
- Reports can be saved to file, published to your Intranet or emailed. Look and feel can be customized using your own customized Email and HTML Templates.
File and Folder Access Permissions Report
To satisfy compliance requirements such as those laid out by Sarbanes Oxley auditors, Disk Monitor includes file and folder access permissions reports. Access permission reports list the permissions assigned to all users and groups for a given directory, sub-directories, and the files contained within. For example, generate a report that lists which users have read access to a directory that contains financial documents. Once complete interactively filter by directory and/or user, print the report, export the report to an HTML document, text file or CSV file.
Features at a Glance
- Limit results to specific access permissions (e.g. Read, Write, Delete, etc.)
- Detail permissions for sub-directories and files or concatenate permissions to a single line item
- Optionally lists access type (Allowed, Denied, or Audit)
- Optionally lists access flags (e.g. Object Inherit, Container Inherit, Inherited, etc.)
- Optionally Validates each assigned user or group against your Active Directory server
- Optionally displays directory and file owners
- Optionally hides SYSTEM account, BUILTIN Users and Groups, and Trusted Installer Service account
- Optionally include or exclude all sub-directories and files
- Export the report to HTML, text or CSV
File Extension Reports
Disk Monitor enables you to generate on-demand File Extension Reports. File Extension Reports list the present extensions, total size and file count. Once complete you can drill down into a directory structure to see to which sub-directory files of interest reside, print the report and export to a file.
Features at a Glance
- Scans local and remote Windows computers as well as remote Linux and Unix computers running Samba or SSH
- Configure the number of files to return
- Delete files directly within the report
- Export the report to HTML, text or CSV
- Overwrite, backup or append to a previous report
Largest Files Reports
Use Disk Monitor to quickly identify the largest files on all your servers. Our interactive Largest Files Reports enable you to scan Windows and Unix/Linux flavors running SSH for the largest files on a disk or within a directory. Once complete you can review and delete files directly from within the report or export the report to a file.
File Access Reports
File Access Reports list out recently access files or files not accessed since a specific date. For example, you can receive a report that lists the top ten recently accessed files within a directory structure.
Temporary File Reports
Temporary Files Reports list all SYSTEM and USER temporary directories on managed computers. The total size, file count, and sub-directory count is summed and listed. Once complete you can drill down into the temporary sub-directories to view the details, delete directory contents or export the report to a file.
Schedule Old File Cleanup
Do you find yourself logging into your production web servers and database servers every month to manually remove old SQL Server backups, MySQL backups and IIS logs? We did, but not anymore thanks to Disk Monitor. Disk Monitor includes a Directory Cleaner component that automatically deletes old database backups, IIS logs and any type of file once it has reached an age, such as 2 weeks old.
Schedule Temporary File Cleanup
Do some of the Windows services or applications you run constantly fill up your hard drives with temporary files? Don't get caught with a full hard drive. Free up your time by using Disk Monitor to automatically delete temporary files contained in all the SYSTEM, USER and Internet Explorer temporary directories on both local and remote Windows computers.
Centrally configure Disk Monitor to schedule NTFS defragmentation on all your servers.
Available Notifications, Alerts and Actions
Send custom email alerts and notifications with optional log file attachment support.
Send SMS Messages
Send text messages through various popular SMS providers such as Twilio.
Remote launch your own custom Powershell scripts, batch files and executables.
Manage Windows Services
Remote stop, start and restart Windows Services.
Display Desktop Notifications
Client/Server architecture enables you to receive real-time notifications on your personal desktop or laptop.
Write to File
Write, append and backup schedule reports to HTML, CSV, TXT and PDF file formats.
Write Event Log Entries
Write custom alert and notification messages to any Windows Event Log on any machine.
Send Syslog Messages
Send custom Syslog alerts and notifications. You can even relay Syslog messages to another server.
Need to integrate into your enterprise systems? Fire Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps when critical events are detected.
Constant Delivery Pipelines
Automatically apply monitoring, notifications and reporting to new servers and workstations.
Runs scheduled scans on Active Directory or any Directory Service provider then applies configuration templates to discovered machines.
Automatically update and re-apply configurations ensuring new and existing rules are rolled to target groups of machines.
Runs scheduled scans then applies new and updated configuration templates to existing machines.
Automatically remove hosts from the software when servers or workstations are decommissioned.
Runs scheduled scans then removes machines either not found or not passing custom filter criteria.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Windows 10, 8, 7 SP1
Supported Architecture - 64-Bit and 32-Bit
Disk Monitor can be installed on both 64-bit and 32-Bit Windows.
8 GBs of available memory, 32 GBs suggested for large disk summary reports.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
The installation detects if the .Net Framework 4.8 is already installed. If not, the framework is automatically downloaded from Microsoft and then installed. Please note the framework may take a significant amount of time to install. Please be patient while the installation completes.
Domain Administrator Account
To access and manage remote resources Log Manager requires domain administrator credentials. If off-domain, then local administrator credentials. The first time the application is run, the onboarding wizard will prompt you to assign then necessary credentials to the service.
Windows Management Instrumentation (client and server)
Many functions within Disk Monitor utilize Microsoft's Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) API (e.g. Event Log management, CPU and memory monitoring). This software includes options to optimize WMI packet size and performance.
Disk Monitor is sold in node packs. Each unique IP address or hostname that is monitored, scanned or managed by the software is a node.
Disk Monitor can be installed on a single host or up to as many hosts as nodes purchased.
For example, a 100 node license would enable an IT professional to install the software on 3 servers with one installation monitoring 50 servers and the other two installations monitoring 25 workstations each for a total of 100 nodes.
After you purchase a license, you have the option through this website or your reseller to upgrade your existing license with more nodes.
Once you have purchased a license, a license key will be emailed to you. If you purchase through a reseller, a claim link will be emailed to you enabling you to retrieve your key from this website. Once you have your key you will register online through the software's management console. If you are installing this software on an Air-Gapped network, you will generate license key files through this website where you will also find detailed instructions on how to apply your Air-Gapped key files.