Corner Bowl Disk Monitor 2022
Enterprise Free Disk Space Monitor, Directory Size Monitoring, Ransomware Monitoring and File Access Permissions Monitoring Software Tool for IT Professionals
What is Disk Monitor?
- a network-wide free disk space monitor
- a real-time Directory Size Monitor
- a File Integrity Monitor (FIM)
- a Ransomware Monitor
- a file access permissions monitor
- a real-time file modification monitor
- a real-time folder change monitor
- a file count monitor
- a folder cleaner
- a SMART disk monitor
- Compliance Software for PCI/DSS, JSIG, NIST, CJIS, HIPAA, SOX and GDPR
What does Disk Monitor do?
- Centrally monitors disk space across your entire network
- Scans folders and sub-directories to calculate consumed disk space
- Listens for file changes including file create, rename, move and delete
- Monitors the number of files in a folder
- Deletes old files such as old database backups and IIS logs
- Generates folder access permissions reports
- Monitors SMART status on all your servers
- Sends email and text notifications
- Remote executes Powershell scripts
- Schedules compliance reports
- Deletes expired data
How does Disk Monitor do it?
Disk Monitor installs on a single Windows Server as a Windows Service. The service scans Windows directories using Windows Shares. Folder size is calculated on Unix and Linux based operating systems remotely through SSH and SFTP. SMART and File Access Permissions Reports are generated on Windows servers remotely using WMI. Results can be displayed in the Remote Management Console, saved to file or emailed to your team.
What does Corner Bowl include?
File and Folder Change Monitor
Get notified or log every time a file or sub-directory is created, modified, deleted or renamed with our Directory Watcher. Further configure the Directory Watcher to limit results to a specific set of files using inclusion and exclusion masks. For example, log all changes to files with a .txt extension but exclude files named *_output.txt. Results can be emailed or simply logged to a CSV file fulfilling compliance requirements.
File Count Monitor
The file count monitor notifies you when a directory contains more that the expected number of files. For example, get notified when a directory contains more than 1000 files. Once a monitor threshold such as 1000 files is crossed, the directory monitor will fire actions such as remotely executing a script or sending an email.
File System Reports
Disk Space and Directory Size Summary Reports
- Schedule summary reports for all your servers that graphically summarize free disk space, disk space utilization over time, and include SMART predictive failure status.
- Schedule summary reports for monitored directories that graphically summarize directory size, file count, sub-directory count, and optionally include sub-directory detail.
- Reports can be saved to file, published to your Intranet or emailed. Look and feel can be customized using your own customized Email and HTML Templates.
File and Folder Access Permissions Report
To satisfy compliance requirements such as those laid out by Sarbanes Oxley auditors, Disk Monitor includes file and folder access permissions reports. Access permission reports list the permissions assigned to all users and groups for a given directory, sub-directories, and the files contained within. For example, generate a report that lists which users have read access to a directory that contains financial documents. Once complete interactively filter by directory and/or user, print the report, export the report to an HTML document, text file or CSV file.
Features at a Glance
- Limit results to specific access permissions (e.g. Read, Write, Delete, etc.)
- Detail permissions for sub-directories and files or concatenate permissions to a single line item
- Optionally lists access type (Allowed, Denied, or Audit)
- Optionally lists access flags (e.g. Object Inherit, Container Inherit, Inherited, etc.)
- Optionally Validates each assigned user or group against your Active Directory server
- Optionally displays directory and file owners
- Optionally hides SYSTEM account, BUILTIN Users and Groups, and Trusted Installer Service account
- Optionally include or exclude all sub-directories and files
- Export the report to HTML, text or CSV
File Extension Reports
Disk Monitor enables you to generate on-demand File Extension Reports. File Extension Reports list the present extensions, total size and file count. Once complete you can drill down into a directory structure to see to which sub-directory files of interest reside, print the report and export to a file.
Features at a Glance
- Scans local and remote Windows computers as well as remote Linux and Unix computers running Samba or SSH
- Configure the number of files to return
- Delete files directly within the report
- Export the report to HTML, text or CSV
- Overwrite, backup or append to a previous report
Largest Files Reports
Use Disk Monitor to quickly identify the largest files on all your servers. Our Largest Files Reports enable you to scan Windows, Linux and other Unix flavors running SFTP/SSH and FTP/S for the largest files on a disk or within a directory. Once complete you can review and delete files directly from within the report or export the report to a file.
File Activity Reports
Schedule File Activity Reports to list the most recently access files or files not accessed since a specific date. For example, you can receive a report that lists the top ten recently accessed files within a directory structure. Sort and group reports by filename, directory, size, created, modified, accessed and extension.
Temporary File Reports
Temporary Files Reports list all SYSTEM and USER temporary directories on each managed computer. The total size, file count, and sub-directory count is summed and listed. Once complete you can drill down into the temporary sub-directories to view the details, delete directory contents or export the report to a file.
Schedule Old File Cleanup
Do you find yourself logging into your production web servers and database servers every month to manually remove old SQL Server backups, MySQL backups and IIS logs? Disk Monitor includes a Directory Cleaner Template that automatically deletes old database backups, IIS logs and any type of file once it has reached an age, such as 2 weeks old.
Schedule Temporary File Cleanup
Do some of the Windows services or applications you run constantly fill up your hard drives with temporary files? Don't get caught with a full hard drive. Free up your time by using Disk Monitor to automatically delete temporary files contained in all the SYSTEM, USER and Internet Explorer temporary directories on both local and remote Windows computers.
NTFS fragments files which slows down file access performance over time. Disk Monitor enables you to quickly schedule NTFS disk defragmentation on all of you managed servers and workstations from the Management Console saving you time so you don't have remote desktop into each server to schedule NTFS defragmentation or create login scripts.
Last Updated: June 22nd, 2022