Table of Contents
- System Requirements
- Assign Service Logon As Credentials
- Server Configuration
- Agent-Based Monitoring
- Azure Relay Hybrid Connection
- Account Lockout Monitoring and Reporting
- Data Providers
- Directory Services
- Template Properties
- Batch Update Templates
- Log Management Templates
- File and Directory Monitor Templates
- Windows Monitor Templates
- Account Lockout Monitor Template
- Logon Monitor Template
- CPU Monitor Template
- Memory Monitor Template
- Disk Space Monitor Template
- SMART Monitor Template
- Process Monitor Template
- Service Monitor Template
- Performance Counter Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Integrity Monitor Template
- Task Scheduler Template
- Clock Synchronization Template
- Defragment NTFS Disks Template
- Network and Application Monitor Templates
- SSL Certificate Monitor Templates
- Email Monitor Templates
- SNMP Monitor Templates
- Monitor Hierarchy
- Report Properties
- Security Reports
- Generic Log Reports
- File and Permission Reports
- Summary Reports
- Shared Views
- General Executable Properties
- Assign Actions
- Assign Directories
- Assign Disks
- Assign Shares
- Assign Files
- Assign Consolidated Logs
- Assign Event Logs
- Assign Active Directory Audit Logs
- Target Files and Sub-Directories
- Define Log Entry Columns
- Define Log Entry Columns with Regular Expressions
- Define CSV and W3C Log Entry Columns
- Active Directory User and Group Filters
- Explicitly Assigned Logs
- Report Columns
- Report Date/Time Ranges
- Report Security Event Log Filters
- SSH Shell
- Exporting and Importing Configuration Objects
- Command Line Interface
Directory Watcher Monitor Template
The Directory Watcher Monitor Template enables you to trigger actions including appending detail to a CSV file every time a file or sub-directory is created, modified, deleted and renamed without Object Access Auditing enabled. Further configure the Directory Watcher to limit results to a specific set of files using inclusion and exclusion masks. For example, log all changes to files with a .txt extension but exclude files named *_output.txt. Results can be emailed or simply logged to a CSV file fulfilling compliance requirements.
The Directory Watcher Monitor Template uses Windows Shares to subscribe to file system updates in real-time.
How to configure the Directory Watcher Monitor Template:
- From the Menu Bar, select File | New. The Create New Object View displays.
- From the Create New Object View, expand Templates | File and Directory Monitors then select Directory Watcher Monitor. The New Template Properties View displays.
- The Template Properties view contains 5 tabs.
The Options Tab
Use the Directories drop-down to select the directory to configure.
Use the Files and Sub-Directories tab to specify the files and sub-directories to target and exclude.
- Use the Changed, Created, Deleted and Renamed check boxes to enable the events you would like to monitor.
Use the Set monitor state option to set the monitor state to execute either warning and critical actions.
Set monitor state State Action Disabled N/A Monitor state not set. Warning actions executed. Enabled OK Monitor state not set. Warning actions executed. Enabled Warning Monitor state set to Warning. Warning actions executed. Enabled Critical Monitor state set to Critical. Critical actions executed.