Table of Contents
- System Requirements
- Assign Service Logon As Credentials
- Server Configuration
- Agent-Based Monitoring
- Data Providers
- Directory Services
- Audit Work Items
- Template Properties
- Batch Update Templates
- Log Management Templates
- File and Directory Monitor Templates
- Windows Monitor Templates
- Account Lockout Monitor Template
- Logon Monitor Template
- CPU Monitor Template
- Memory Monitor Template
- Disk Space Monitor Template
- SMART Monitor Template
- Process Monitor Template
- Service Monitor Template
- Performance Counter Monitor Template
- PowerShell Script Template
- Registry Value Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Integrity Monitor Template
- Task Scheduler Template
- Clock Synchronization Template
- Defragment NTFS Disks Template
- Network and Application Monitor Templates
- Database Monitor Template
- Directory Service Monitor Template
- DNS Blacklist Monitor Template
- DNS Monitor Template
- Domain Expiration Monitor Template
- Network Speed Monitor Template
- Ping Monitor Template
- SQL Server Shrink and Backup Template
- SSH Shell
- TCP Port Scan Monitor Template
- Website Monitor Template
- SSL Certificate Monitor Templates
- Email Monitor Templates
- SNMP Monitor Templates
- Report Properties
- Security Reports
- Generic Log Reports
- File and Permission Reports
- Summary Reports
- Environment Variables
- Account Lockout Monitoring and Reporting
- SSH Shell
- Exporting and Importing Configuration Objects
- Shared Views
- Auto-Config Host Assignment Properties
- General Executable Properties
- Assign Actions
- Assign Directories
- Assign Disks
- Assign Shares
- Assign Files
- Assign Consolidated Logs
- Assign Event Logs
- Assign Active Directory Audit Logs
- Target Files and Sub-Directories
- Define Log Entry Columns
- Define Log Entry Columns with Regular Expressions
- Define CSV and W3C Log Entry Columns
- Active Directory User and Group Filters
- Explicitly Assigned Logs
- File Explorer
- Report Columns
- Report Date/Time Ranges
- Report Security Event Log Filters
- Select Folder or File
- Command Line Interface
The Email Settings view enables you to configure the email connection settings. Server Manager enables you to configure both a Primary and Backup SMTP Email servers. The Backup Email Server is used in the event the Primary Email Server cannot be reached or is throwing a fatal error.
To configure Email Servers
- From the Explorer view, choose Options, then select Email Settings. The Email Settings view displays.
Use the System administrator email address text box to enter one or more email addresses.
Separate multiple email addresses by commas. Note: The administrator email is used to send license error notifications. For example, this email address is used when the system MAC address changes causing the software to lose its licensing.
- Use the Server text box to specify your email server.
Use the Security drop-down to specify the encryption mode. The following modes are supported:
Mode Description Plain Text Sends plaintext messages (unsecure).
Uses port 25 by default.
STARTTLS An email protocol command that tells an email server that an email client wants to turn an existing unsecure connection into a secure one. This actually works for both SSL and TLS protocols.
Uses port 587 by default.
SSL Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Uses port 465 by default.
Use the Port text box to specify your email server port.
Port Description 25 Default 587 TLS 465 SSL
Use the Username text box to enter the username to access the mail server.
To send anonymous email leave the Password field blank. If you leave the Username blank, the email server's spam engine will likely flag the messages as spam.
- Use the Password text box to enter the password to access the email server.
Use the From name text box to enter the friendly From name listed in the email (e.g. Corner Bowl Server Manager).
When using a service provider, such as Amazon Simple Email Service, that requires users to first authenticate with a non-email username and password, use this field to specify both your from name and from email. For example:Corner Bowl Server Manager <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Check the box before Do not email more than to throttle emails to a certain number per time period.
When throttling emails, you may edit the defaults of 20 every 1 hours as desired.
- Use the Send a test email to text box to specify an email address to send a test email.
- Once you have specified the required parameters, click the Test button to verify the software is able to connect to the SMTP server and send the email.