Table of Contents
- System Requirements
- Assign Service Logon As Credentials
- Server Configuration
- Agent-Based Monitoring
- Azure Relay Hybrid Connection
- Account Lockout Monitoring and Reporting
- Data Providers
- Directory Services
- Template Properties
- Batch Update Templates
- Log Management Templates
- File and Directory Monitor Templates
- Windows Monitor Templates
- Account Lockout Monitor Template
- Logon Monitor Template
- CPU Monitor Template
- Memory Monitor Template
- Disk Space Monitor Template
- SMART Monitor Template
- Process Monitor Template
- Service Monitor Template
- Performance Counter Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Integrity Monitor Template
- Task Scheduler Template
- Clock Synchronization Template
- Defragment NTFS Disks Template
- Network and Application Monitor Templates
- SSL Certificate Monitor Templates
- Email Monitor Templates
- SNMP Monitor Templates
- Monitor Hierarchy
- Report Properties
- Security Reports
- Generic Log Reports
- File and Permission Reports
- Summary Reports
- Shared Views
- General Executable Properties
- Assign Actions
- Assign Directories
- Assign Disks
- Assign Shares
- Assign Files
- Assign Consolidated Logs
- Assign Event Logs
- Assign Active Directory Audit Logs
- Target Files and Sub-Directories
- Define Log Entry Columns
- Define Log Entry Columns with Regular Expressions
- Define CSV and W3C Log Entry Columns
- Active Directory User and Group Filters
- Explicitly Assigned Logs
- Report Columns
- Report Date/Time Ranges
- Report Security Event Log Filters
- SSH Shell
- Exporting and Importing Configuration Objects
- Command Line Interface
A Report is a configurable object that enables users to receive summarized data on-demand or on a scheduled frequency. Reports typically output to an HTML file or email.
How it works:
Once a report has been created computers, devices and/or hosts must be assigned. Once hosts are assigned, the Explorer View adds a Report Node under the assigned host. Every minute at the top of the minute Server Manager checks to see if a report should be executed. If a Monitor is scheduled to execute, Server Manager creates a new thread. The thread then executes the report, fires Actions, saves the results to the history database and finally calculates and saves the next execution time.
To create a report:
- From the Menu Bar select File | New. The Create New Object View displays.
- From the Create New Object View, expand Reports.
Navigate through the tree to find the type of report you would like to create then click the report type. The Report Properties view displays.
Unlicensed report types appear in gray text. If you would like to create a report that is not currently licensed, please contact Corner Bowl Software to upgrade your license.
- Configure the Report Properties.
- When applicable, assign target hosts, host groups, and report groups.
- When you have finished configuring the report, click the OK button to save.
To assign a report to computers, devices and hosts:
- From the Explorer View, navigate to the report you want to assign a host.
- Right-click and select Assign | Computer, Device or Host. The Select Multiple Computers, Devices and Hosts dialog displays.
- Check the computers to assign then click OK.
Server Manager includes sample Reports of which several are initially assigned to the localhost. The sample Reports can be modified and assigned to other computers as necessary. To view the sample Reports, from the Explorer View, expand the Reports node then select Sample Reports.
|Generic Consolidated Log Reports|
|Event Log||Generic report that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for specific events (e.g. Daily Application and System Errors).||Event Log Manager|
|Azure AD Audit Log||Generic report that searches consolidated Azure AD Audit Log entries for specific events (e.g. Daily O365 Logons).||Event Log Manager|
|SNMP Trap||Generic report that searches consolidated SNMP Traps for specific events (e.g. Daily VPN Connection Sessions).||Internet Server Monitor|
|Syslog||Generic report that searches consolidated Syslog entries for specific events (e.g. Daily Linux Logons).||Windows Syslog Server|
|Text Log||Generic report that searches consolidated Text, CSV and W3C log entries for specific events (e.g. Daily IIS 500 Errors).||Text Log Monitor|
|Account Lockout (Active Directory/WMI)||Audit Report that scans Active Directory and stand-alone servers for currently locked out accounts (e.g. Daily Lockouts).||Event Log Manager|
|Account Lockout (Event Log)||Audit Report that that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for account lockout history events (e.g. Weekly Lockouts).||Event Log Manager|
|Account Management||Audit Report that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for Account Management Security Event Log Events (e.g. Daily Account Management Events).||Event Log Manager|
|Security Group Management||Audit Report that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for Audit Security Group Management events (e.g. Daily Security Group Management Events).||Event Log Manager|
|New Accounts||Audit Report that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for Event ID 4720: A user account was created (e.g. Daily New Account Events).||Event Log Manager|
|Failed Logons||Audit Report that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for failed logon attempts (e.g. Daily Failed Logon Events).||Event Log Manager|
|Success Logons||Audit Report that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for successful logons (e.g. Daily Successful Logon Events).||Event Log Manager|
|Logon Sessions||Audit Report that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for logon sessions (e.g. Daily Logon Sessions).||Event Log Manager|
|Object Access||Audit Report that searches consolidated Event Log entries and Event Log file backups for Object Access events (e.g. Daily Object Access Events).||Event Log Manager|
|File and Directory Reports|
|File and Directory Access Permissions||Audit Report that scans a directory then lists detailed user account permissions (e.g. Recursive Directory Permissions).||Disk Monitor|
|Duplicate Files||Scans a directory then lists duplicated files (e.g. Duplicate File Content).||Disk Monitor|
|Sorted Files||Scans a directory then lists files in a user defined order (e.g. Largest Files).||Disk Monitor|
|SIEM||Merges different log types into a single report and groups by user defined columns (e.g. Daily Windows and Linux User Logons).||All|
|Summary||Summarizes Host and Template status (e.g. Daily Systems Status).||All|
|Host Inventory||Summarizes Host hardware and operating system information (e.g. Weekly Hardware and OS Inventory).||All|