Corner Bowl Event Log Manager 2021
Centralized Windows Security and Event Log Management Software Tool for IT ProfessionalsStart your Free Event Log Manager Trial with Support Now
What is Event Log Manager?
- an enterprise class Centralized Windows Event Log Management Software Tool
- a Centralized Log Consolidator
- a Real-Time Windows Event Log, Syslog and Application Log Monitor Software Tool
- a Log Analyzer Tool
- a Windows Syslog Server
- an Azure Active Directory Auditing Software Tool
- Compliance Reporting Software for CJIS, PCI/DSS, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR and CIS Microsoft 365 Security & Compliance with 80+ pre-built reports.
- An enhanced Windows Event Log Viewer with advanced search and filter capabilities
- Supports Windows Event Logs, Syslogs, text based Application Logs on Windows and Linux, and cloud based Azure Active Directory Audit Logs
What does Event Log Manager do?
- Exports Windows Event Logs and Linux System Logs to a central location fulfilling many compliance requirements
- Centrally consolidates log file entries to MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, elasticsearch, CosmosDB or to flat file
- Real-Time monitors log files for critical events
- Schedules compliance and auditing reports
- Sends SMS and email alerts and notifications
- Remote executes custom Powershell scripts
- Automatically deletes expired centralized consolidated log entries and native log file backups
- Discovers new Active Directory servers and workstations then automatically configures log consolidation and log monitoring
- Provides a paged view of log entries enabling IT professionals to quickly search, filter and analyze GB sized log files
How does Corner Bowl Event Log Manager do it?
Once harvested, log entries are saved to either a local or offsite log repository. Event Log Manager provides you with 5 different methods to centralize your log entries including MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, elasiticsearch and CosmosDB. Don't worry, out-of-the-box Event Log Manager saves data to it's own flat file system format getting you up and running without any required 3rd party integration.
- Uses a combination of WMI, Windows Shares and SSH to tail and download security, system and application log files from any platform.
- Optionally, installs as an agent to reliably relay logs
12 times faster!
- Starts a Windows Syslog Server to receive, monitor and centralize hardware logs.
- Eliminates the need to open ports on Work From Home (WFH) user networks by proxying through your own Azure Relay Hybrid Connection.
What does Corner Bowl Event Log Manager include?
Centralize Native Windows Event Log and Linux System Log Files
Are you running on a secure air-gapped network and required to centralize native Windows Event Log Files and Linux System Log Files? Event Log Manager automatically backups, compresses, password protects, encrypts and digitally signs Windows Event Log Files and Linux System Log Files ensuring authenticity and accuracy fulfilling Event Log Management and File Auditing and Compliance requirements.
Built-In Windows Event Log Auditing and Compliance Reporting
- Critical Events
- Failed Logons Summary and Detail
- Successful Logons Summary and Detail
- Logon Sessions History
- Account Lockout Activity
- New Account History
- Account Management History
- Security Group Management History
- Azure Active Directory Identity Risk Compliance Reports
Includes Real-Time Windows Event Log Monitoring Templates
- Monitor successful logins
- Monitor failed logon attempts
- Monitor remote desktop and interactive logons
- Monitor account lockouts
- Monitor account management updates
- Monitor firewall logs
- Monitor IIS logs
Windows Event Log Management Video Overview
Unlimited Log Entry Filtering Options
Enable you to select Security Event Log entries from the viewer then create complex filters based on the message schema and data.
Normalizes log messages so you can create grouped attribute value pair filters on specific fields within each message.
Enable you to script and compile your own filters so you can create the most powerful and customized filters imaginable.
Provides a C# script interface that includes property auto complete, a compiler and error output.
Enable you to graphically create complex hierarchical filters with grouped (and, or, not) criteria and sub-grouped criteria.
Provides a graphical user interface to build, test and update your filter criteria.
Available Notifications, Alerts and Actions
|Send custom email alerts and notifications with optional log file attachment support.|
|Send Microsoft Teams Messages|
|Send alerts and notifications to Microsoft Teams Channels via Incoming Webhook Connector.|
|Send SMS Messages|
|Send text messages through various popular SMS providers such as Twilio.|
|Launch a Script|
|Remote launch your own custom Powershell scripts, batch files and executables.|
|Manage Windows Services|
|Remote stop, start and restart Windows Services.|
|Fire SNMP Traps|
|Need to integrate into your enterprise systems? Fire Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps when critical events are detected.|
|Write to File|
|Write, append and backup schedule reports to HTML, CSV, TXT and PDF file formats.|
|Write Event Log Entries|
|Write custom alert and notification messages to any Windows Event Log on any machine.|
|Send Syslog Messages|
|Send custom Syslog alerts and notifications. You can even relay Syslog messages to another server.|
|Display Desktop Notifications|
|Client/Server architecture enables you to receive real-time notifications on your personal desktop or laptop.|
Constant Delivery Pipelines
Automatically apply monitoring, notifications and reporting to new servers and workstations.
Runs scheduled scans on Active Directory or any Directory Service provider then applies configuration templates to discovered machines.
Automatically update and re-apply configurations ensuring new and existing rules are rolled to target groups of machines.
Runs scheduled scans then applies new and updated configuration templates to existing machines.
Automatically remove hosts from the software when servers or workstations are decommissioned.
Runs scheduled scans then removes machines either not found or not passing custom filter criteria.
- Corner Bowl Event Log Manager 2021 Overview
- How to Centrally Consolidate Event Log Entries to SQL Server
- Backing Up and Centralizing IIS Log Files
- How to Centralize and Backup Windows Event Log Files
- How to Create Event Log Management Audit Reports
- How to Centralize and Backup Linux Log Files
- Azure Active Directory Audit Log Monitoring
- Downloading Windows Event Logs from Work From Home Computers
- How to Centrally Consolidate Syslog Entries
- Syslog to CSV File
- Monitoring SNMP Traps and Variables
- Corner Bowl Event Log Manager 2020 Overview
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008 R2
- Windows 10, 8, 7 SP1
Supported Architecture - 64-Bit
Event Log Manager can only be installed on 64-bit Windows however 32-bit machines can be monitored.
8 GBs of available memory, 32 GBs suggested for faster performance when centralizing large logs such as domain controller Security Event Logs.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
The installation detects if the .Net Framework 4.8 is already installed. If not, the framework is automatically downloaded from Microsoft and then installed. Please note the framework may take a significant amount of time to install. Please be patient while the installation completes.
Domain Administrator Account
To access and manage remote resources Event Log Manager requires domain administrator credentials. If off-domain, then local administrator credentials. The first time the application is run, the onboarding wizard will prompt you to assign then necessary credentials to the service.
Windows Management Instrumentation (client and server)
Many functions within Event Log Manager utilize Microsoft's Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) API (e.g. Event Log management, CPU and memory monitoring). This software includes options to optimize WMI packet size and performance.
Corner Bowl Event Log Manager is sold in node packs. Each unique IP address or hostname that is monitored, scanned or managed by the software is a node.
Event Log Manager can be installed on a single host or up to as many hosts as nodes purchased.
For example, a 100 node license would enable an IT professional to install the software on 3 servers with one installation monitoring 50 servers and the other two installations monitoring 25 workstations each for a total of 100 nodes.
After you purchase a license, you have the option through this website or your reseller to upgrade your existing license with more nodes.
Once you have purchased a license, a license key will be emailed to you. If you purchase through a reseller, a claim link will be emailed to you enabling you to retrieve your key from this website. Once you have your key you will register online through the software's management console. If you are installing this software on an Air-Gapped network, you will generate license key files through this website where you will also find detailed instructions on how to apply your Air-Gapped key files.
Last Updated: April 25th, 2021