Corner Bowl File Collection and Data Retention Policy
Enterprise file collection and data retention policy compliance software tools for IT professionals
a sub-component of Server Manager and Disk Monitor
What is File Collection and Data Retention Policy?
Corner Bowl File Collection and Data Retention Policy is an extensive enterprise-class software monitoring and management tool for IT professionals that centrally backups and saves log and data files from Windows servers and Linux servers and includes disk monitoring, directory monitoring, file integrity monitoring (FIM), ransomware detection, largest files and directories reporting, file access permissions reporting, proactive directory and temporary file cleaner, centralized file collection and more. Disk Monitor will help you fulfill compliance requirements for CJIS, CMMC, JSIG, NIST, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI/DSS and SOX.
File Collection and Retention
- Continually backup files to a central location, for example, database backups and IIS log files.
- Deleted previously backed up files after they reach a certain age, for example 2 years.
- Start and restart services to unlock files.
How does File Collection and Data Retention Policy do it?
Depending on your requirements, Server Manager utilizes several different technologies to backup and save data files:
- You can optionally use our Windows client-side Agent to bypass Windows Security and instead use our proprietary FIPS compliant TLS 1.2 application layer protocols to scan and manage machines faster and more reliably than native technologies such as remote WMI. When utilized, our software does not require administrator log on as access credentials nor are logon events generated on domain controllers minimizing our software's footprint on your network.
- Otherwise, Windows servers are remotely managed using a combination of remote WMI and Windows Shares (SMB).
- Linux servers are managed using a combination of SSH Shell, SFTP/SSH, FTP/S and SMB (Windows Shares).
- Includes options to zip, enrypt, digitally sign output files then automatically delete old backups.
File Collection and Data Retention Policy
What is Corner Bowl File Collection and Data Retention Policy?
How does Corner Bowl File Collection and Data Retention work?
Corner Bowl uses Windows Shares to discover target files then copies the files to your central file repository.
Corner Bowl uses SFTP/SSH or FTP/S to discover target files then downloads the files to your central file repository.
Last Updated: April 14th, 2023