Table of Contents
- System Requirements
- Assign Service Logon As Credentials
- Server Configuration
- Agent-Based Monitoring
- Azure Relay Hybrid Connection
- Account Lockout Monitoring and Reporting
- Data Providers
- Directory Services
- Template Properties
- Batch Update Templates
- Log Management Templates
- File and Directory Monitor Templates
- Windows Monitor Templates
- Account Lockout Monitor Template
- Logon Monitor Template
- CPU Monitor Template
- Memory Monitor Template
- Disk Space Monitor Template
- SMART Monitor Template
- Process Monitor Template
- Service Monitor Template
- Performance Counter Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Integrity Monitor Template
- Clock Synchronization Template
- Defragment NTFS Disks Template
- Network and Application Monitor Templates
- SSL Certificate Monitor Templates
- Email Monitor Templates
- SNMP Monitor Templates
- Monitor Hierarchy
- Report Properties
- Security Reports
- Generic Log Reports
- File and Permission Reports
- Summary Reports
- Shared Views
- General Executable Properties
- Assign Actions
- Assign Directories
- Assign Disks
- Assign Shares
- Assign Files
- Assign Consolidated Logs
- Assign Event Logs
- Assign Active Directory Audit Logs
- Target Files and Sub-Directories
- Define Log Entry Columns
- Define CSV and W3C Log Entry Columns
- Active Directory User and Group Filters
- Explicitly Assigned Logs
- Report Columns
- Report Date/Time Ranges
- Report Security Event Log Filters
- SNMP Browser
- SSH Shell
- Exporting and Importing Configuration Objects
- Command Line Interface
The Miscellaneous Settings view enables users to set several Management Console and Service options.
To display the Miscellaneous Settings view:
- From the menu bar, select Tools | Options. The Options view displays.
- From the Options view, select the Miscellaneous tab.
The Management Console supports user configurable color themes. There are three different ways in which the color theme is set:
|Manually overridden via the Login view.||1|
|Manually overridden via the Miscellaneous Settings view.||2|
|Automatically set based on the type of license applied.||3|
To set the color theme from the Miscellaneous Settings:
- Use the Color theme drop-down to select the Management Console's color scheme.
The Management Console enables users to automatically display several different views at startup.
To configure specific views to display at startup:
- Check the available views to display.
Auto Update Settings
If permitted, Server Manager automatically checks for updates every night. If an update is available the software automatically downloads and installs the latest version.
To disable auto-updates or change the update schedule:
- Uncheck the Automatically update option to disable automatic updates.
- Use the Schedule drop-down to schedule the update frequency.
Tray Icon Settings
The System Tray Icon is responsible for executing Desktop Actions.
To disable the tray icon:
- Uncheck the Enable System Tray Icon .
Server Manager supports several different languages. Currently Italian and German are supported. The Server Manager Service language can be set independent of the Management Console.
|Date, time and numeric values are displayed using the selected locale format.|
To set the language or locale:
- Use the Server locale drop-down to set the service language and locale.
- Use the Console and Tray Icon locale drop-down to set the Management Console language and locale.
HTML and Email Template Settings
When generating HTML files and HTML emails, Server Manager uses an HTML template to generate the appropriate content. HTML templates are HTML files that define the styles and variable content by using special tags.
The primary purpose of HTML templates is to enable you to fully customize the styles and content. The default HTML template is located in the installation sub-directory, HtmlTemplates. The easiest way to learn how the HTML template works is to view it within a text editor.
The default location on Server 2021 - 2008 is:
C:\Program Files\Corner Bowl\Server Manager 2022\HtmlTemplates
To configure the HTML and email template:
Copy the default template to a new directory then make your changes.
Changes made to the default template will be overwritten the next time the software is updated.
- Use the Browse button to select your custom HTML template.
When consolidating Event Log entries to the Corner Bowl File System format, rather than a database, temporary files are generated each time Event Log Entries are downloaded. These files often reach sizes that exceed 10 GBs. If you would like to override the default temporary directory to use a data logical disk, rather than the operating system logical disk, use the Paths section to override the default temporary directory.
The default locations on Server 2021 - 2008 are:
To override the default temporary directory:
- Use the Temporary directory text box to specify the temporary directory to use, or optionally, use the Browse button to select your custom temporary directory.