Table of Contents
- System Requirements
- Assign Service Logon As Credentials
- Server Configuration
- Agent-Based Monitoring
- Data Providers
- Directory Services
- Audit Work Items
- Template Properties
- Batch Update Templates
- Log Management Templates
- File and Directory Monitor Templates
- Windows Monitor Templates
- Account Lockout Monitor Template
- Logon Monitor Template
- CPU Monitor Template
- Memory Monitor Template
- Disk Space Monitor Template
- SMART Monitor Template
- Process Monitor Template
- Service Monitor Template
- Performance Counter Monitor Template
- PowerShell Script Template
- Registry Value Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Integrity Monitor Template
- Task Scheduler Template
- Clock Synchronization Template
- Defragment NTFS Disks Template
- Network and Application Monitor Templates
- Database Monitor Template
- Directory Service Monitor Template
- DNS Blacklist Monitor Template
- DNS Monitor Template
- Domain Expiration Monitor Template
- Network Speed Monitor Template
- Ping Monitor Template
- SQL Server Shrink and Backup Template
- SSH Shell
- TCP Port Scan Monitor Template
- Website Monitor Template
- SSL Certificate Monitor Templates
- Email Monitor Templates
- SNMP Monitor Templates
- Report Properties
- Security Reports
- Generic Log Reports
- File and Permission Reports
- Summary Reports
- Environment Variables
- Account Lockout Monitoring and Reporting
- SSH Shell
- Exporting and Importing Configuration Objects
- Shared Views
- Auto-Config Host Assignment Properties
- General Executable Properties
- Assign Actions
- Assign Directories
- Assign Disks
- Assign Shares
- Assign Files
- Assign Consolidated Logs
- Assign Event Logs
- Assign Active Directory Audit Logs
- Target Files and Sub-Directories
- Define Log Entry Columns
- Define Log Entry Columns with Regular Expressions
- Define CSV and W3C Log Entry Columns
- Active Directory User and Group Filters
- Explicitly Assigned Logs
- File Explorer
- Report Columns
- Report Date/Time Ranges
- Report Security Event Log Filters
- Select Folder or File
- Command Line Interface
Active Directory User Monitor Template
The Active Directory User Monitor Template enables you to trigger actions when an Active Directory user property is set to a specific value (e.g. Get notified when the lastlogon property is greater than 7 days). This template is typically used by systems administrators that want to be notified when specific Windows user account properties are set to a specific value.
How to configure the Active Directory User Monitor Template:
- From the Menu Bar, select File | New. The Create New Object View displays.
- From the Create New Object View, expand Templates | Windows Monitors then select Active Directory User Monitor. The New Template Properties View displays.
- The Template Properties view contains 4 tabs.
The Options Tab
Use the Directory Services drop-down to select the directory service connection you would like to monitor.
If you have not yet configured the directory service connection, click the Add button to create a new Directory Service Connection. For more information see: Directory Services
Use the Warning trigger and Critical trigger controls to set the trigger thresholds.
If you do not see the property you want to monitor listed, use the Property down-down text box to specify the property name then assign the corresponding Data Type.
- Click the Test button to verify the template is configured property and the monitor executes as expected.
- Finally, select the General Tab, then click the click the Auto-Generate Name button to auto-generate a name based on the configured settings.
Assign the template to either of your domain controllers or the locahost.
Assigning this template to multiple domain controllers on the same domain will result in duplicate triggers.