Table of Contents
- System Requirements
- Assign Service Logon As Credentials
- Server Configuration
- Agent-Based Monitoring
- Data Providers
- Directory Services
- Audit Work Items
- Template Properties
- Batch Update Templates
- Log Management Templates
- File and Directory Monitor Templates
- Windows Monitor Templates
- Account Lockout Monitor Template
- Logon Monitor Template
- CPU Monitor Template
- Memory Monitor Template
- Disk Space Monitor Template
- SMART Monitor Template
- Process Monitor Template
- Service Monitor Template
- Performance Counter Monitor Template
- PowerShell Script Template
- Registry Value Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Monitor Template
- Active Directory User Integrity Monitor Template
- Task Scheduler Template
- Clock Synchronization Template
- Defragment NTFS Disks Template
- Network and Application Monitor Templates
- Database Monitor Template
- Directory Service Monitor Template
- DNS Blacklist Monitor Template
- DNS Monitor Template
- Domain Expiration Monitor Template
- Network Speed Monitor Template
- Ping Monitor Template
- SQL Server Shrink and Backup Template
- SSH Shell
- TCP Port Scan Monitor Template
- Website Monitor Template
- SSL Certificate Monitor Templates
- Email Monitor Templates
- SNMP Monitor Templates
- Report Properties
- Security Reports
- Generic Log Reports
- File and Permission Reports
- Summary Reports
- Environment Variables
- Account Lockout Monitoring and Reporting
- SSH Shell
- Exporting and Importing Configuration Objects
- Shared Views
- Auto-Config Host Assignment Properties
- General Executable Properties
- Assign Actions
- Assign Directories
- Assign Disks
- Assign Shares
- Assign Files
- Assign Consolidated Logs
- Assign Event Logs
- Assign Active Directory Audit Logs
- Target Files and Sub-Directories
- Define Log Entry Columns
- Define Log Entry Columns with Regular Expressions
- Define CSV and W3C Log Entry Columns
- Active Directory User and Group Filters
- Explicitly Assigned Logs
- File Explorer
- Report Columns
- Report Date/Time Ranges
- Report Security Event Log Filters
- Select Folder or File
- Command Line Interface
File Size and Activity Monitor Template
The File Size and Activity Monitor Template enables you to monitor Windows and Unix file size, changes in file size and in-activity. This template is typically used by systems administrators to receive notification when a web server is being attacked or an application server if not running as expected.
The File Size and Activity Monitor Template uses Windows Shares, SFTP or FTP/S depending on the host type to scan directories on Windows, Unix, Linux and other operating systems.
How to configure the File Size and Activity Monitor Template:
- From the Menu Bar, select File | New. The Create New Object View displays.
- From the Create New Object View, expand Templates | File and Directory Monitors then select File Size and Activity Monitor. The New Template Properties View displays.
- The Template Properties view contains 6 tabs.
The Options Tab
Use the Directories drop-down to select the directory to configure.
Use the Files and Sub-Directories tab to specify the files and sub-directories to target and exclude.
From the Warning trigger and Critical trigger control groups:
- Use the File size is controls to configure the file size monitor.
Use the File size changes by controls to configure the file size changed by triggered threshold.
File size change is calculated using the absolute value difference between the previous scan and the current scan.
- Use the File has been inactive for controls to set the inactivity trigger threshold.
- Finally, select the General Tab, then click the click the Auto-Generate Name button to auto-generate a name based on the configured settings.
File Size and Activity Monitor Trigger Properties